Ankle / Foot problems are common and often severely debilitating, since everything we do starts with putting your foot on the floor. If you are experiencing dysfunction due to pain or limitations in your foot or ankle, our physical therapists here at Bentz Physical Therapy can help!
The Foot / Ankle complex is a complicated joint system that is surrounded by many ligaments and tendons that undergo a lot of stress to help create and control movement, and if you are performing athletic activity that stress increases drastically, putting you at a greater risk for injury. Here are some of the common conditions that can affect the knee
Common Conditions Treated –
- Ankle Sprains
- Ankle / Foot Fractures
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Heel Pain
- Achilles tendonitis
- Ankle / Foot Surgery rehab
When to seek a physical therapist
- Walking is painful or causes your ankle/ foot to swell
- Hiking (especially hills) is uncomfortable
- Getting up in the morning or after prolonged inactivity is painful
- You have stiffness or tightness in the ankle/foot
- If you are limping due to some ankle/foot dysfunction
If you are experiencing any of these conditions or symptoms or you would like to assess your risk for injury, come see us at Bentz Physical Therapy. Ankle pain can slow you down—but we can help you get back up to speed. Schedule an appointment today!